Nearly half hour friom Lima city is Pachacamac, at the south. You can get there very easily by the highway, either in your own car or in a public service transport. Here is a map to guide you.
You can either spend the day or camp. We decided to go camping because I wanted to do something different again, BUT we left pretty late and arrive to the entrance almost around 6 when the light was about to go out. In fact, before half the trail we couldn’t see anything. I went there with two friends, one of them had already been there like five times, therefore we didn’t need to hire a guide to take us to the camping side. Since it was already late we took the short route, which took like hour and a half.
Things to know
- There isn’t much to do, its all green (if you go before summer starts) and peaceful, that’s it.
- I wouldn’t go camping again, unless I needed to be alone or just enjoy the uncomfortable experience (jk)
- There is a LOT of fog, so be careful. Although, it isn’t very cold, but still needed my jacket.
- Make sure to bring stuff to make fire if you’re going to camp.
- There’s no bathroom in the camping area. Amazing view though.
- If you want to camp, the entrance ticket costs 10 soles each.
Tip: If you’re only gonna spend the day, get there veeeery early, fewer people and better photos.