¿Little trip outside the city? Go to Antioquia, located in the province of Huarochiri in rural Lima.
Yo can get there by car or you can take a minivan at Cieneguilla, from there is about hour and a half to two hours. The road is mostly paved but very narrow so be careful in the curves.
It can be a full day because there’s not much to do, since it is a small town, but if you want to spend the night you can stay at local hostels near the main plaza that start at 9$.
What to do?
- Trek (Inca trail)
- Sight seeing the town
- Take photos around the colorful houses
- Visit the town called Cochayhuaco 10 minutes away
- Buy fresh fruit and honey
- Eat eat eat
Things you need to know
- There is no cel reception aside from the company Movistar
- There is no wifi (which is great to really disconnect)
- Town is very secure
- It is a small town, not many people speak english (probably just tour guides, but I don’t know for sure)
I went alone with my friend in my car, its funny how people still see us either as crazy women traveling alone or lesbians. Big shout out for empowered women!